Thursday, March 24, 2011

Finished, Unfinished, and Destroyed

March is a horrible month for yarn projects. It hates me!

I finished the Kiddie kitten hat I started for a friends kiddie (it's awesome). The pattern can be found at www.kittyville.com. It's for big people though, so you will have to scale it down if you want it to be kid-sized. The ears and pom-poms are pink.

I killed the Lidsville hat I was making. Thrice. It's a great pattern ( in Son of Stitch'n Bitch book), but I apparently do not have the magic hat power needed to recreate it. After the third failed attempt I decided to accept my defeat.

I started knitting an amigurumi Dory from Finding Nemo for my fantastically awesome friend. You know how you get an idea and you say to yourself " she is gonna LOVE that"? This is one of those things. I laugh when I'm knitting it.

The socks I started somehow turned into ballet slippers. It gave me a great idea for some sweet hippie slipper/shoe things. I wonder if I put leather on the bottom as a sole, could I wear them out and about?

I've also been drafting a few summer dresses. I guess I didn't realise how easy it is to make a dress when you have a dress form to drape it on. SCORE. I finished the mock-up for two, which I did with old sheets, and now All I have to do is take them apart and use them for patterns.

All of this after I finish stuffed Dory. And tailoring two dresses and a pair of shorts for my homie. And a pair of pants for my extremely short sister.

Maybe the problem here isn't the month of March. Maybe its my inability to finish projects before I start new ones? Naw. It's definitely March.

Also, I love home-made stouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment